Friday, July 6, 2012

Lesson #5: Neil Diamond

Dear Mom,

Every July 4th, I think of you!  Not only because you are a fighter, and I am so proud of the way that you never give up, but because of the lovely song, "America".  A huge smile comes across my face just thinking of the song. 

I can picture our family sitting in the stands up on the USU campus waiting for the fireworks.  We would jam out to music, eat treats, play games, and then FINALLY when it got dark, we would watch the fireworks. 

This song brings back all of these memories with families from the ward.  You were always there with a smile on your face, no matter how you felt.  Dancing and singing along.  Neil was one of your favorites, and I can't help but think of you when I hear one of his songs.

So this fourth of July I cranked up the song, and sang it with my kids, telling them that this song is one of Grandma Jeanie's favorites.  Little Rig loved the song, and continued to sing it along with me as we got all of our goodies ready for our firework show.  I can't wait to keep that one a tradition!

Love you Mom and Neil Diamond Lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment